Get Started at Pamela’s Place
A Chemistry, Biology & Maths Specialist for ‘A’ Level & ‘O’ level .
PAMELA’S PLACE is the fruit of my academic journey. I’ve been a student before, I’ve known a subject to be challenging and had become unmotivated to excel. However, we all have our strengths, and I have perfected mine over the years so I can help you focus on yours. This is my passion and labour. My students are my results and why I am committed to helping more people wholly towards grasping & aceing the subject.
Study Smart, Top the Chart!
What is an O level Chemistry Tuition?
O-level Chemistry seeks to help learners in understanding the world around them through the principles of Chemistry. It also promotes students’ interest in pursuing a higher level of learning in this field, preparing the students to take on their learning journey in Junior College and future education.
O-level Chemistry offers important concepts and scientific principles as well as applications, giving a strong emphasis on the objective of honing practical skills among the students.
What is O Level Chemistry Tuition about?
O-level Chemistry tuition in Singapore seeks to help secondary school students as well as private candidates on their upcoming GCE O-level examinations, particularly in the Chemistry subject. Chemistry is one of the Sciences being offered as an applied subject and is included in the examination along with Biology and Physics. Whether your child is having difficulty in understanding his Chemistry lessons in school or you simply wish to guarantee that he/she is well prepared before taking the exam, enrolling your child in an O-level chemistry tuition centre will be a good step.
Benefits of O-level Chemistry Tuition
- It helps prepare the learner for the exam in a systematic way. Cramming is the main reason why most students fail an examination. When left unguided, a learner tends to stall his/her attention away from the difficult topics (as human’s fight or flight nature) and will leave him/her with no choice but to procrastinate those difficult topics when the examination date is approaching. With an O-level Chemistry tutor, the learner will be guided throughout every lesson. Most tutors also tend to give time for their students to have a mastery of the lesson before moving forward, this allows better retention in preparation for the exam.
- It sets the proper expectations. While lessons being taught in school can be used as a structure to review before the O-level examination, they are often inadequate should you aim for higher scores. Thus, O-level tuition centres in Singapore offer a comprehensive syllabus that covers most of the topics included in previous O-level exams. Hence, it readies the students on what they should prepare for before the examinations.
- It helps the learners who are having difficulty in learning Chemistry in school. Should your child has difficulty learning the Chemistry subjects in school, it is most of the time, not due to his/her deficiency. In most cases, it is because of the barriers present in school. In an O-level tuition centre, the learner can directly address his difficulties to his tutor. Since the sessions are often 1 on 1 or 1 tutor for a small group of students, the tutor can focus more on each learner’s progress.
What is the O Level Chemistry Syllabus About?
The O-level Chemistry syllabus is more focused on the conceptual side of chemistry. It seeks to give the learners some insights into the important processes, structures and principles in Chemistry. Thus, you can expect the O-level Chemistry syllabus to be more on memorization and mastery than solving using chemical formulas. Below are the coverage of the syllabus:
- Understanding experimental chemistry
- Mastery of the atomic structure and stoichiometry
- Learning the various chemical reactions such as electrolysis
- Understanding the periodic table of elements
- An introduction to the chemistry in the environment such as the atmosphere and organic chemistry
FAQs about O Level Chemistry
How do you get A1 at O Level chemistry?
While knowing the syllabus and reviewing the lessons day by day can help your get an A1 in O-level chemistry exams, getting O-level chemistry tuition is still crucial. O-level Chemistry tuition can make a huge difference in terms of retention and preparedness when it comes to the GCE examination.
How do I study for O-Level chemistry?
Preparing for the O-level Chemistry exam in Singapore? While allotting a portion of your day for reviews can help, getting the help of an experienced O-level Chemistry tutor will do wonders for better understanding and retention of difficult concepts and topics so you are prepared for the examination.
How do you study for pure chemistry?
Pure chemistry is part of the O-level Chemistry tuition we are offering here at Pamela’s Place. Should you wish to study and master pure chemistry in an effective and efficient manner, we highly recommend that you join our classes for O-level Chemistry.
How can I do well in chemistry?
Finding it difficult to get good scores in your Chemistry quizzes? Or do you have difficulties in understanding the lessons? Should that be the case, enrolling in O-level chemistry tuition in Singapore can help a lot not only in your classes but in preparing for the GCE exams. Enrol at Pamela’s Place today!
How do you get full marks in chemistry?
Chemistry is a subject that involves understanding, familiarisation and memorization of scientific concepts and chemical formulas. Thus, to be able to get good marks in the Chemistry subject, you will need the help of a good O-level chemistry tutor to guide you through the syllabus and answer your questions.
How many papers are there in O Level chemistry?
The GCE O-level Chemistry examination has 2 papers. One of the questionnaires is composed of 60-items objective questions while the other one is meant for the written examination that is often about explaining chemistry concepts and their application.